The Johnstown Wire Mill started operations in 1911 as part of Cambria Steel’s integrated plant and was acquired in 1923 by Bethlehem Steel Corporation. From 1911 through 1992, the plant operated continuously and grew to become one of the largest value added wire mills in North America. The company was purchased from
Bethlehem and taken private in late 1992, creating JWT. The company remains privately owned with Aterian Investment Partners as the majority owner.
JWT ships wire to customers worldwide.